Wednesday 26 June 2013

London to Oxford Bike Ride for St Mungo's

http://www.justgiving.com/Jamie-Ewbank

I'm doing the London to Oxford bike ride in aid of St Mungo's, a charity that helps homeless people, and I've been trying my utmost to train every day. "Train?" I hear you ask, incredulously, "For a sixty miler? Why?" But I'm doing the ride with a couple of guys who are competitive athletes rather than laidback pootlers like me. Last time I went for a ride with them, I spent the last half of the ride hanging 100 yards behind them working like a dog to keep them in sight. The distance may not be too scary, but I've a suspicion it's going to be ridden harder than I'm comfortable with.

In any case, once it's over I should get some nice posts out of it on the training process, my discovery of "ileotibial pain", the ride itself and a little something I'm thinking of as "A Tale of Six Pedals" which will hopefully be amusing to anyone who has ever struggled with the switch to clipless. In the meantime, however, I'm hoping that some of you might tear yourself away from the Sensa Umbria Tiagra review that brings in most of this blog's traffic in order to sponsor me, please:

http://www.justgiving.com/Jamie-Ewbank

1 comment:

  1. Hello, the whole thing is going fine here and ofcourse every one is sharing
    data, that's actually excellent, keep up writing.

    Stop by my web blog :: Flooring Contractor

    ReplyDelete