Tuesday 29 November 2011

Deer in Traffic



Most or my traffic tends to come from Twitter or from other cycling blogs, so I was a little surprised to see Google climbing up my list of referrers. Upon closer inspection, it turns out that Mark Cavendish’s run in with a deer has prompted a lot of people to search on “Mark+Cavendish+Deer”.

Unsurprisingly, that’s a search that leads to my post about being chased through Bushy Park by a deer, and my suggestion that we could give Cav a Paris-Tours boost by arranging to have him chased down the Avenue de Grammont by an angry stag. I’d just like to go on the record and say that although my post preceded Cav’s accident, I had nothing to do with it. My money is on Greipel having arranged it, like some malevolent German Dr Doolittle.

1 comment:

  1. Mark Cavendish was a lucky chap; another cyclist earlier in the year died in a fatal collision with a deer http://uk.news.yahoo.com/bike-boy-dies-deer-collision-120809771.html
    For reality of deer crossing roads in England and info how to try and avoid deer collisions see http://deercollisions.co.uk/pages/avoid.html

    ReplyDelete